
I've been having some pretty strange dreams recently, and I'm putting it down on the blog for future reference.
Yesterday, I had a strange early morning dream. I woke up with the lights on in my room at about 9 am after falling asleep halfway though doing a project at about 3 am. You know, you tell yourself, I'm gonna just rest my eyes a little and then... Zzzzzzzzz you are in snooze-ville.
Anyway, I was so tired at 9 am on Sunday morning, I decided to sleep in and went back to sleep again. Almost immediately I started dreaming. I dreamt I was taking the MRT (that's the subway here) in Singapore, but that scenery was all wrong. Most MRTs in this country are quite nicely done. They are nicely tiled, some have pieces of floor or wall art and are mostly tiled in polished granite or some kind of stone. However, the subway in my dream was grey, and had a very unpainted or roughly painted concrete look. Something like what I saw of the Metro in London when I was there about 10 over years ago.
Suddenly, there was a flash and I felt a sensation of falling. Although there was no physical movement in the dream, I saw my dream self "fall" into a different time zone. There was a loud explosion and I looked around, shocked to see English people dressed as though they were in the 1930s or 1940s with ladies in hats and men in grey coats and funny fedoras. I found myself in my normal clothes, with an additional wraparound shawl/blanket/cape that looked a rough blue (it was confusing so I'm not too sure about the details). I panicked finding myself in such strange place. However, there was no doubt in my mind where I was.
I was in the Second World War in the middle of London. I felt the need to get somewhere. I have this notion that the place was some kind of safe place or hospital or even some kind of strange mystical place which was causing this very chaotic distortion of time and space to happen. The name amazingly was Indian and had two words starting with "P" and "R". I know it was a very long name, but I think the meaning of the place was something like "a place of peace", "a haven of peace/harmony" or "garden of peace"... this elusive place seemed to be some kind of retreat or cloistered sanctuary run by some kind of guru. And yet, the temporal distortion came from that supposed sacred place. Yes, I did get the notion there was an element of the religious sanctity to it.
I ran around trying to find a train that would go to that place. In between, the scenes kept alternating between ... amazingly... modern London and World War II London. Halfway though, I received a phone call from Nashran. I heard his voice clearly, but there was some static and he didn't seem to be able to hear me. He asked me where I was. I said that I'll try to get to where he lived.
As I was trying to get my phone to work so I can contact him and tell him what was going on, I saw strings of algorithms and programming script coming out on the screen of my mobile. It was as if my mobile was trying to tell me that its programming was going haywire with all the temporal shifts.
While I was stumbling through subways and time, I remember standing around in a grey place, perhaps a hospital, perhaps a makeshift care unit in the subway, and there were nurses in old style outfits standing around. They had bluish uniforms and white aprons with the old-style caps on their head with the distinct red cross logo. Outside what appeared to be a window a bomb exploded and I saw the flash of the bomb.
Eventually, I stumbled to the entrance of a metro and at this point in time, my mobile was going crazy in my hand and I was unable to navigate the mobile's menus. Frustrated because I was certain some magic was afoot, I drew up a magic circle in front of all these commuters streaming out of the station and did a spell to get rid of whatever interference was causing the device to go haywire. It did help in that I managed to surf to the right portion of the menu I was looking for.
The dream ended just about there.
Now, I know that I have been alive sometime in the Second World War in London. Were these flashbacks of that chaotic era? I don't know. It wasn't too clear to me what I was doing running around in the subway and seeing nurses. I don't think I was a nurse or doctor back then, so what was I doing there, walking through the rubble that was London?
Not every dream I have which has probable past life memories are really as clear as the one I had of myself as a priest in France. Sometimes they are just fragments. And they leave me wondering what I was doing in the middle of all that chaos. No, I don't have battlefield dreams. The closest thing to that was as a petty officer in the time of the Napoleonic Wars... probably on the British side.
Yeah, I have been born in merry ol' England or in a nearby country many many times in the past. That sorta makes me wonder why I am in Singapore now. I mean, really... I am the kind of person that like a familiar setting, so I am not too sure if it was really my choice to opt for life in Southeast Asia in this lifetime.
PS: I chose this archive pic of World War II so you can get an idea of what I saw in my dream. hmmmmm......now to think about it.. that wraparound could be something like the nurse's cape... but still, I'm pretty sure I was a guy back then.


No comments:
Post a Comment