
I generally enjoy doing card readings for inquiring individuals... And I sometimes give readings professionally.... but not often. However, recently at an event showcasing New Age practitioners, I kinda felt as if I was being asked for 4D numbers. I mean, I understand its the culture here to inquire about one's personal luck or lottery from fortune tellers... but I usually stress for people asking questions like that that its quite difficult to pinpoint winning numbers. Naturally I don't get a lot of people coming to me for a reading, but that's okay because I would rather be accurate and dispense appropriate information .. :P
I would have explained my own view of tarot and other divinatory readings, but the person getting the reading from me didn't really understand English well. Also, it was an event with the atmosphere of a fun social gathering so it didn't seem nice to outright reject someone who cannot understand my explanation. Honestly, although it was a reading about personal luck, it did feel to me as if the person was asking me for lottery numbers... and not entirely in a nice manner or in the spirit of fun. :(
It is my personal view that it is impossible to pinpoint with 100% accuracy, exact and specific future events using divinatory methods. Generally, methods of divination like the tarot, runestones and other practices are pretty good when someone is asking for answers to a situation that is already occurring or has occurred. The tarot is a nice means of hinting to an inquiring individual, issues that are unpleasant which the person in question is trying to avoid or deny. As a psychological tool, it has its place in society and certainly a good tarot reader is often times part psychologist.
Sometimes it can even be used to tell general trends that you might face in the future. But the answer are mostly symbolic and GENERAL and certainly open to interpretation. Most good readers I feel should also be good interpreters of the symbolism they see. I personally feel it would be irresponsible to tell someone that SOMETHING would definitely happen. It would be more logical and certainly more responsible to suggest that doing certain things or taking certain logical real-life actions would help a person get where he or she wants to go.
Now, I am aware that there are SOME readers and fortune tellers who seem to be able to foretell the future. And in Asia, stories like that are a dime a dozen. Most of the time, things seem to "come to pass" not because the reader is good, but because the answer in itself is a self-fulfilling prophecy. For instance, if someone tells you you are going to fall sick at a certain time, and if you strongly believe that to be true, your own body will as a result of that, create a psychosomatic reaction... reinforcing the belief and in a sense "fulfilling" the prophetic reading.
If nothing else, my experience in the last few years have taught me that human belief and the mind can create "reality" for any individual. Fear in particular can make a man think that he is being pursued OR called upon by supernatural forces... even if he isn't in any of those circumstances. It can even produce effects on the individual's body... almost to the extent of inducing illness or even reshaping how the individual looks.
The power of the mind to reshape one's life or view circumstances in another way is an amazing thing and is often the cause of some of these "fulfilled prophecies".
Of course, not every incredibly fulfilled reading can be explained by simply saying its a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. There are in reality many factors that are at play BOTH in the process of divination and in the spiritual realm that affect the outcome. However, on the whole, it is NOT POSSIBLE to know what will happen 100%... at best, a really good practitioner might be able to tell you things about what will happen the very next day or maybe 3 days time, but no more than that. The reason for this is simple... what will happen the very next day is already set in motion by factors that have already been set in motion long ago. And it would take a very dramatic force or action to completely alter what will happen tomorrow.
Therefore, a person who has planned beforehand to meet someone tomorrow will meet that person. Only something dramatic and completely unforseen like an accident for instance, might prevent that meeting. Now, you might say... what IF the practitioner manages to foretell the accident? Well, I would say that is no great feat... in that... if the person in question has a history of being accident prone or engages in some behaviour that will create a situation for the accident to happen ... well, then the accident is expected... in a sense.
There are many complex interactions in the spiritual and energetic world, and usually, understanding those interactions will assist the practitioner in increasing his accuracy, but that does not mean that the person can foretell the future 100%... in fact many experienced practitioners who are responsible will tell their clients beforehand what to realistically expect from the reading.
Haiz... and I wonder why I don't get many people coming to me... :(
I guess I'm okay with that... I mean, I'd rather someone come to me to find a genuine answer for a question that is really affecting their lives than someone who is just looking for more wealth...:( After all, people who often ask the lottery question usually aren't very nice individuals and don't really treat you with much respect :P


No comments:
Post a Comment