The official bumming period has started... hooray... NOT!
Just an update on my previous post... The problem kid is now officially out of my hair now that the holidays have started. This means that the module that I taught and he was in is now officially over and it is very unlikely I will see him again. And yes, through a particularly convoluted scheme... I have made reccomendations to his advisor to send him for a psych evaluation. Why? Well, his violent outbursts are not only frequent, they are uncontrolled and he has confessed that he doesn't know why he even reacts in a violent manner at all.... *roll eyes*
Whatever the reason for his behaviour. I do think he is unrepentant and I hope for all concerned that he does get medication and perhaps hospitalisation....
Now, as a big believer in natural therapies, I won't reccomend that anyone take meds as a first step solution to their psychological problems... However, since our society is so adverse against corporal punishment in school, and since no strong measures (eg. suspension/expulsion) has been taken by the school, I harbour the nasty hope that over medication (they sometimes tend to do that) will somehow turn this bully into a drooling idiot. It will certainly make life more bearable for the students and teachers he's been bullying in his faculty.... apparently he is so famous, some students actually approached me after the module with stories of what he has been up to...
Anyways....about the "official bumming period"
The period of late Aug to mid Oct is what I would term my "official bumming period". Its nice because it IS a holiday period in my jobs. For some odd reason, most of my "official" jobs stop around this time and I usually make use of this time to catch up with the rest of my other "businesses".
The problem with this period is also that some pretty big things tend to happen. I used to use this period to take a trip out of the country to get a break from Singapore and perhaps get a move on with my own spiritual progress, but since I stopped the trips out, stuff happens during this period, such as the whole "painting demons" business last september... :P
So far, my strategy this year is to stay out of the house as much as possible. This is so that my family can't accuse me of being a jobless bum and stupid stuff won't blow up between myself and my folks... :( Fortunately this year, I'm done painting the demons ... (I really hate the red colour) and am now painting space elves.... yes, that's right, thanks to the proliferation of Warhammer 40K in Asia, there are space elves selling on store shelves.....:P Its something I can do that will help occupy the time and it does bring in the ka-ching.
Unfortunately, painting for hours in silence can either be regarded as therapeutic or dammed boring. Also unfortunately, I have to paint at Da Bear's to avoid my folks. I like Da Bear's because it is centrally located, but I also hate it because for some stupid reason, all the elitist boys who frequent the place are getting on my nerves.
Anyway, this "bumming period" does give me some time to think about certain things that are happening in my life. I had an awful bout of illness sometime in June to July...it was worse than the rest of the "flus" I got over the last few years and ended up with me having a terrible pain in my throat. I think it got to such a stage that F even asked me why it is I keep getting so many "colds".
Well, through a series of events I eventually got the answer to F's question... which... if viewed through the lens of our logical, scientific age, makes absolutely no sense. It seems that most of the "colds" and in particular the last awful one, are the actions of certain "beings" to get me to move in a certain direction. Now, its not a bad or awful direction to move in, but it is something I'm a little reluctant to do because it does take effort and might result in me confronting certain things I don't really want to confront.
I don't think this is something I can escape doing 'cos otherwise I'm looking at a lifetime full of "flus"....:P



No comments:
Post a Comment