Monday, December 8, 2008

So Much To Do But...


'Tis the season to make merry, but it's also the time of the year where I make sure that most of my side projects get accomplished. Work with the teams has slowed down so I should have more time right?

There's quite a bit to do, but I'm too lazy to do it :P It could be the cough I'm still having but I kinda doubt it. I really just don't feel like doing anything and I'm not too sure why I feel this way. I mean there's tons of little things to catch up with financially, socially... spiritually... but I'm really just not feeling the urge to do it.

Anyways, currently as I'm here updating this blog I'm also wrapping up some of the work I'm doing with the teams. I really hate the paperwork. I wish people would just get over the need to have lots of documentation flying around. Today is not a good day. Woke up late today and argued with my younger sister, we mostly wake up in the afternoon because we keep late hours and she works the graveyard shift. I guess she isn't in a good mood today since she has to work tonight. Since the day started off with a sour note, I was prompted to get some of my work done :P

Funny, we only get hardworking when things get bad.... well, it could just be me :( That's really a pattern I have to work on this Christmas.

The weekend was pretty good. Had a great night out on Friday, loads of laughs. Saturady was also interesting. Woke up at 4 because I was out all night. But met an old friend who invited me to the opening of his new company... something in events management. Was great, I never knew that Singapore actually had male models and potentials that look good. I guess the younger kids these days have more potential than the guys in my generation.

After that, had "coffee" (we were at starbucks, but never drank any coffee... my old friend is the keep fit type) and I found out quite a few interesting things about him. Speaking with him, I'm reminded of that fact that sometimes the ordinary Joe/Jane that walks down the street might be something that steps out of a fantasy novel.

Heck, I should know this, but sometimes I forget and need to be reminded. I often lament to friends when meeting them, that there is nothing exceptional or special existing in our modern urbanised world, often forgetting that I myself am supposedly something that does not exist. Talking to my old friend I am reminded that once not too long ago, I used to live in a reality where people got possessed, kids (usually kids... sheesh.... why they do it I don't understand) summoned up ghosts and "demons" and some poor sucker found out that he had entered into a contract many many lifetimes ago with undesirable entities and those same beings were now coming to collect...

How soon we humans forget.

I guess once something falls out of our reality for a few years, it also falls out of our mind. I have to remind myself not to forget the reality that once was, because even though I might not be living in it as much anymore, it does not mean that that reality does not exist.

No comments: