It started during the weekend after too many late nights. My nose started to hurt and then my throat. It went away for 1 day and I thought I was okay... but they... "lucky" me, it was back one morning when I woke up with a stuffed nose.... in only 1 nostril!
Unfortunately this 1 nostril has been dripping since Monday and my throat feels scratchy.... soooo I'm gonna treat it like it is the flu. :P Which really really sucks since I have a dateline these 2 weeks and a book I have ordered from Kinokuniya just arrived.... after 6 LOOOONNNNGGGG weeks.... oh well.... but its the same if I ordered it from Amazon...at least with Kino, you are assured of getting it without the book getting lost in the mail...
So yeah, I'm in no mood to read an academic text.... the pic of the cover is as seen below:
Wolfy and I found this one evening when we were surfing around..... its related to the dream I had about 2 years ago about a medieval witch trial. Well, I'll get around to reading it.... soon.
Reason for choice of book? Well, coincidentially one of the case studies in the book is of the trial I had dreamt about. After dreaming about this very perculiar case, I had done a bit of "connect-the-dots" and identified the actual incident.
Naturally after figuring out which historical case the dream was about, I looked up the Catholic Encyclopedia online.... I mean, from all the detail I had found thus far, it seems that the thing I had dreamt about was a pretty famous case in its time. The odd thing about this is that the Catholic Encyclopedia - New Advent doesn't mention this case at all.. in fact, it doesn't mention any of the main people involved in this case. Despite the fact that some of the people involved in this trial were pretty famous individuals.
This is pretty strange considering the fact that they have pretty extensive writeups on other similar infamous figures like Konrad of Marlburg, a witchhunter and (according to secular historians) an individual who had sadistic tendencies who was most likely the main culprit in the death of a beloved female saint.
Wolfy said he smelled a giant rat (that is to say... giant cover-up)...I mean, why write a big article excusing the actions of one crazy zealot and say nothing at all about another... and apparently both are equally famous?
Da da da da.... conspiracy theory..... heh heh heh
Anyways, since it was an interesting mystery we did a bit of digging and found this book. After reading a preview of the book on Google books, I had decided to get it because it contains a blow by blow account of the trial in question AND does confirm some of the amazing details I had seen in my dream. Also, the author does a great job of referencing all the material she had referred to for the case studies in this book. So we know where all the information comes from... which is great, so we know that the author has not made all of it up.
Well.....
That was like 2 weeks ago, but I forgot to publish this post... My flu is now gone, thanks to Chinese medication and essential oils and being extremely lazy for a few days......




No comments:
Post a Comment