Monday, July 5, 2010

Cosfest 2010.... My First Time Doing This.... I Guess I'm Bored Stiff :P


I think I really must be too bored. Usually I'd avoid stuff like cosplay and anime related events. I mean, I watch as much anime as the next ordinary non-otaku guy, but I don't consider myself a really serious Japanese culture buff. 

Most of my friends know me as a pretty serious person, so now that I'm actually doing all of this seems pretty... well... strange.... to me at least.

Occasionally I question myself... what the heck is wrong with me? I guess for now the only explanation I have is that my age-old fascination with the theatre is surfacing. I mean, I always loved stage and theatrical productions and the whole idea of attending a masked ball. Problem was, growing up, there were no such things. Also there was no one to attend such events with....:P I mean I had thought about going to a Vienna Opera Ball-style event when it was held in Singapore some years ago, but seriously, going alone to that kinda black-tie event is pretty sad... for such a steep entry cost :(

The Vienna Opera Ball, an annual event at the named city.

Besides, I guess I don't get to wear some of the outfits in my cupboard enough so in order to prevent them from going moldy...

I went to Cosfest 2010.... 

No, I'm not cosplaying any anime / game character...


The following are pics I took at the event... can you spot me and Wolfy????



No comments: