Well.. I kinda expected Comifest to be small.. after all it only occupies the 3rd floor of Suntec.. an are for small exhibitions.. but I really didn't think it would be sharing space with a Wedding and Travel fair AND it only occupied like 25% of the floor space!
I mean, it should be called, Wedding and Travel + some other partner event.
I mean, I was disappointed, and so were the comic collectors. The only good thing about this? Wolfy went down in his Wolfy suit for the first time ever.
Here's the pics....
![]() |
| NSman Wulfe Tan and me |
| ||||
| I love "Marie" the Persian kitten from "Aristocats" |
![]() | ||
![]() |
Random pic... as you can see, it was a furry outing... |
After that, we went to stage without borders... I'm too lazy to post up the pics and besides there were... hundreds...
Check out these facebook links for the photos....
Stage Without Borders (5 Mar)
Stage Without Borders (6 Mar)
After 2 days of intense photo-taking ... I was like O_o
The story of why we are there... I went to the Scape people to try to get them to feature a demo of my swordfighting class.... I ended up being invited to the event instead....
It's a strange world when a completely fake assassin with terrible fighting skills gets invited to an event to draw in crowds... and perfectly competent swordsmen aren't in demand...
I guess this modern world is really all about image... fake = a draw, real = nobody wants to know.... haiz.... I mean, I would have thought that all huge ass Assassins' Creed fans would be delighted to know that there's some school in Singapore that teaches the historically accurate martial skills.... but noooooooo .... reality doesn't appeal to people.
This sorta reminds me about the conversation I had with Wolfy this evening... we came to the conclusion that being a competent swordsman is like being a competent Geisha....
According to what I read about Geisha from the Liza Dalby anthropology book about them....
Most older Geisha would love to have young ladies join their ranks and expand the Geisha scene to encompass the modern world.... so that their tradition doesn't die with them....
Reality..... very very FEW young ladies are actually attracted to the Geisha lifestyle.. besides.. it takes TOO MANY YEARS OF TRAINING... to become good at being one.... it's all those years of training that turns people off. Besides... even AFTER being a full-fledged Geisha, one STILL has to go for numerous music and dance classes.... learning after all, never ends.
Same damn thing with swordsmen.... haiz.... nobody wants to put in hours of training, conditioning and yadda yadda to be good at that....
It's the thing about young people these days... they just aren't used to the idea of .... train many years to become good... they want "instant"... sheesh...







No comments:
Post a Comment