Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thought of the Day: I was pretty shocked when I heard the following song...

It's late but I wanted to share this with someone. 

Recently, when meditating, I saw a scene where I was walking down a hallway in a fairytale castle.. I saw that there was a tapestry on the wall and it was covered with pictures of lions at war... I mean the lions were lined up like soldiers on the battlefield...  

As I walked down the corridor, noticed that all the tapestries were of the same subject... lions at war.... then I bumped into my instructor G and my senior, R... I tried attracting G's attention, but he was pretty distracted by stuff... so he didn't respond...

I continued down the corridor and saw that it led to a stone doorway out into a field of flowers, with a tree in the distance and in the field I saw a swordsman dressed in scarlet in what appeared to be renaissance style clothes with a cap on his head.

Naturally upon seeing this amazing sight, I tried attracting G and R's attention.... I turned around back at the castle and well, what I saw was not a full castle, but a skeletal ruin of some stone building.. and the 2 guys were looking at a piece of torn tapestry (the one with the lions), but it was only a fragment.... so engrossed were they by the fragment that they didn't see me waving at them... and I think... they weren't even aware that the castle was not a castle but a ruin of one....

Then... (and I'm not making this up).... I heard words that went something like....

"... I'm no longer dead and sleeping with the worms... I'm alive again... "

I simply could not understand the guys' interest with some torn fragment of tapestry... I mean... since we're all so interested in the art of war as was done in medieval times... I'm amazed they were passing the chance to speak to a real swordsman from those times... and he was standing in the field right beside them!

Anyway... after talking with F and Wolfy... I didn't think about this whole "sleeping with worms... yadda yadda...." too much until I went to see "The Lion King" which is currently showing in my country...

I don't normally take Disney too seriously.... I sorta regard the songs and movies as products from the land of bubblegum pop... However, a rather peculiar scene came up in the musical... it is where Simba asks his father if he will be around "always" for him to find advice and reassurance from....

On a stage background full of stars, I kinda thought that it being a Disney-fied musical.... Mufasa (that's the dad-lion) would just give some kind of bubblegum answer... 

And Mufasa answers that the "kings of old are up there in the stars and they look down on us...." and that these kings are also "in them"...

I guess at that moment I kinda sat up.... I mean, I don't really expect to hear this kinda thing in a Disney musical.... the whole notion of ancestral spirits, reincarnation, animism....

And then the song started... and I couldn't stop myself from tear-ing....



Thing is, this isn't the only shocker I had during the entire musical.... This particular musical is filled with some of the best African music I have ever heard and has some strong spiritual and shamanic themes... I cried at some of the songs... and I don't really know why.... 

The really eerie thing was that in a later scene, when Simba is forced to confront his own past, a he is led by the baboon to see a giant image of his father in a pool of water... and the background is filled with what looks like a spirit mask of a lion with moving lips mouthing out the words!

I had originally decided I wasn't going to see this musical musical because it was Disney and er.... well... heh... bubblegum.....

But my mother insisted on getting me a ticket to see this... and since I had nothing better to do...er... all three of us saw it....

I'm pretty amazed by the coincidence of all the events of the past few months.....:P It's like some kind of karmic synchronicity.... As I experienced each event in turn, I had no idea that what I was seeing or experiencing would lead me to something else down the road that just smacks the same theme or subject straight into my face....


Well... if after reading all of this... you still find that this is all just BS from some crazy fella... its okay... just enjoy the video...

No comments: