Sometime at the start of the week, I was about to post up a pretty inflammatory entry about my disappointment regarding the candidates and what I see... Well, looking at BOTH contesting parties in my GRC constituency... I felt a bit... uninspired that no one from both parties looked anything like a leader... or at least anyone I would want to follow...
I'm a pretty hotheaded and hardheaded fellow... and I consider myself of above normal intelligence and a person of high calibre. So it would take... A LOT... for me to want to willingly follow ... or be led around by anyone....
In this lifetime .... I have met only 1 person I might want to acknowledge as a leader.... (This is including current world leaders I have seen in media)
Sadly, this person is not standing for election in Singapore.
Of course, people who know me probably might say that it's just me falling into my old judgmental ways... well... maybe so... but I think its time we really put thought into choosing who we want to lead us, and demand that they be people of the highest calibre.
We have a RIGHT to demand that... because hell... we DESERVE the best people that our money can buy. We EARNED that money... and not the PAP or anybody from the Lee family.
The reason I'm saying this is beause.... they have raised our minsters' salaries again... but like many common Singaporeans... I don't see my own salary raised.... so, I think that its about time we the people make those guys in office WORK for their money...
Hey, if I am struggling tooth and nail to earn myself a decent living... I'm gonna make sure Mr Lee and everyone else who wants to be in power struggle like hell for the money we are paying them.
Because, for the amount we are paying them, I think we SHOULD DEMAND people of the best calibre... be they from PAP, SDP, SPP, NSP, RP, WP... whatever....
And we SHOULD CHOOSE WITHOUT FEAR WHO WE WANT!
WE ARE PAYING THEIR SALARIES! DAMMIT!
So here's my pitch folks.... VOTE OPPOSITION.... it will solve a multitude of your problems and make you smile again...
and here's why
1. We NEED someone to make sure the main guys... (in this case the PAP) stay honest and put our interest first
2. We need voices from more diverse elements in society so that they can be heard and our minorities and diverse societal elements don't feel isolated and alienated. (Hey man, where do you think terrorists come from? Why.. the people who feel alienated and don't think they can get themselves heard by any other means other than through unconscionable violence)
3. I'm a big believer in competition... (being a competition junkie myself)... so... with a bigger opposition in the parliament.. this means Mr Lee and his team will have to work EXTRA HARD so he can stay in power... ooo maybe I'll even get to see him struggle with overtime in the office..... I like the image of that... don't you? This is especially for all of us folks who do massive overtime but don't get overtime pay :P
And folks.. don't worry about the threats you have been hearing on the news... where certain.... ruling members of our government... "warn" us about the consequences of voting in the other guys.....
After all "The Old Man" did say before that he did plan things with like a few years of buffer.. so if the opposition does come into power and screw things up.... the PAP will be able to return and "save the day" and nothing much will be damaged.
So okay... IF "The Old Man" is right.... (and we here in Singapore treat him like some superman....) why not just give the other guys a shot.... PUT THEM IN POWER....
Hell, maybe they might just do better than the PAP...
If that doesn't work out... hey... no big loss...
Besides... I personally never take well to threats.... I never want anyone to threaten either myself or those I care about....
And I guess that YOU probably don't like it either....
What would you do if someone threatened those you care about?
Why I would smack them so hard they won't know night from day...
I WILL NOT vote them into power...
So friends.. DON'T vote the PAP into power again... don't vote for people who threaten us with how much we will regret if the other guys get voted in...
Don't give in to fear...
Personally.... I managed to pull myself out of the mire that my life sunk into so many years ago... when I finally was able to put all my fears aside and say "To hell with it! Why not give new things a shot! Why not march into the unknown with my shoulders squared off... ready to face whatever comes!"
We should not be afraid of our government... they should be afraid of us. We number in the millions and if we really really wanted something to happen for us, we will not be denied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
LoLx! this time round. Me is going vote without fear already! ="3
Post a Comment