I've definitely gone off the deep end. At the beginning of this long weekend, I went to the tailor and committed myself to pay a whole lot of moolah so I can dress up as a videogame character... :P
I mean, what the blue blazes am I doing??
Most of you who know me personally know that when it comes to ka-ching, I tend to think about something quite a lot before making an investment or purchase... the more the ka-ching, the more the thinking period. So the speed at which this has happened has surprised me a little.
Although I'm tempted to give a pretty long post about how most of the character's I've chosen to dress up as on Halloween and other similar events have turned out to be a personality in one of my past lives, I'll keep this one short...
Think about it, a wizard, a rogue and.... if I didn't end up making the assassin's outfit this time, it would have been an inquisitor. (Well, most of the inquisitor outfits in the Dark Heresy book really were
1. too heavy looking... I used to have a 2 - 3 kg outfit... I'm not looking forward to walking around with that kinda weight again
2. not very inspiring
3. requires me to create too much religious-themed bling)
For those of you who are unfamilar with Warhammer 40K, I've included sample pictures below to illustrate what I mean ...
Too dark + not very interesting
Also, I never really liked the whole
Van Helsing / Matthew Hopkins look
Also, I never really liked the whole
Van Helsing / Matthew Hopkins look
I've never really identified with Eisenhorn
and
and
estimated weight of this costume = 6 -7 kgs??
Wear THAT WIG?! Are you insane?!!
I think Wolfy pointed out at this juncture... that I could just dress up in the historically accurate outfit.... that is, the one I saw in my dream, and was probably what I wore in my past life....
You know the creepiest thing about this is
that at one point in my life, I actually knew a
"normal office lady" (not in the religion)
who wanted to walk around in this particular outfit. :P
"normal office lady" (not in the religion)
who wanted to walk around in this particular outfit. :P
Indeed, Wolfy reasoned, it would be cheaper and... historically accurate... and .... insane... (I added) because the people who make this monk's habit today will not sell it to a non-catholic occultist....+ might get stoned by people who are in the religion because the order that this habit originates from is still pretty prominant today.
I think at this point I'll probably not analyse this further with reference to the whole karmic thing until it does come smacking me in the face. Reason being that apart from having a whole lot of pretty weird dreams lately, I haven't much information on why I have chosen to focus on my current... rather silly obsession.





No comments:
Post a Comment