There is this online forum that I started to frequent sometime in 2005. It was a forum for wiccan, pagan and other types of spirituality. I think however, that a lot of people who like to cast spells are attracted to the site.
I stopped going to the site for a long time because I got tired of it and well.... I didn't find anyone that I really wanted to talk to. Anyways, I decided to go back for a look. Was a little disappointed. Most of the slightly more interesting people are gone and well, its been about 3 years and nothing much has changed there.
I think one of the moderators has noticed quite a number of people on the forum who seem to hold the view that magic and spells don't really have a real effect on the physical world, but is either an art or means of expression.... or just a tool that changes a person psychologically.... altering the person's perception to accept certain situations. He/She has started asking the question "If you don't believe in magic as a supernatural force that affects the world... why bother (with casting spells and stuff)?"
I thought it was a very good question, but I think also indicative of the present state of the pagan community in the western world. I guess I'd relegate spellcasting to some kind of psychological tool too if I did it for years without any real result....:P
I guess its pretty foolish to think I'd be able to meet someone who might be able to help me answer some questions online.....:P Most people are likely just as lost as the next person... Still its a pretty interesting place to pick up on wiccan/pagan pop culture and trends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment